- Create complex data loading processes for Operational Data Stores, Data Warehouses and Data Marts that satisfy all functional and technical requirements.
- Responsible for extracting data from various sources, transforming the data as required, and loading it to various target (ETL) database(s) and/or structures
- Analyze and review complex object and data models and the metadata repository in order to structure processes and data for accuracy, efficiency, and maintainability
- Work with various levels of project managers, data modelers, DBAs, and system administrators to design load processes and identify potential problem areas.
- Collaborate with the Data Architect to understand, interpret, and implement complex data integration requirements.
- Work with internal business clients to solve data integrity issues and ensure timely data availability.
- Assist in data load monitoring and problem resolution. Take action to resolve recurring issues.
- Serve as an expert for DataStage software development who can advise team on best practices, capabilities and limitations,
- Act as SME to team in the plan, design, and delivery of BI and Data Warehouse solutions
- Assess existing IBM DataStage code and determine refactoring.
- Advice on the application of standards/methodology practices to the project.
- Improve the performance via load and stress testing and performance tuning.
- Advise on the application design and coding standards to ensure consistency across applications.
- Serve as an expert for software development who can advise team on best practices, capabilities and limitations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in IT lead position and have IBM DataStage ETL, Oracle database.
- Good background on Unix scripting
- Experience developing DataStage jobs
- Experience leading technical team members and providing day-to-day assignments.
- Automotive Lending or Financial Services industry experience desired
- Having knowledge of HP EXSTREAM/Open Text Exstream is desired
- Good communication skills are essential.
- Solid design, coding, testing and debugging skills
- Excellent problem solving skill.
- Strong analytical and documentation skills
- Must be detail-oriented and logical
- Ability to learn new business and technical concepts
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, Iterative, Agile)
- Experience with translating business requirements into system functional and non-functional requirements
- Additional programming experience in using the following:
- Software Languages: Cognos, DataStage, SQL, VBA
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
- Relational Databases: SQL Server, Oracle
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed