The Senior Credit Analyst will be responsible for overseeing a region portfolio of commercial customers, managing credit lines, invoices, formalizing and keeping updated agreements/documents/securities, following up on credit review contingencies, monitoring dealership / fleet customers’ performance through balance sheet, P&L, cash flow and other sources. The scope of the position also includes preparing and taking part in meetings with Internal Customers, Dealers / Fleet and GM.
The ideal candidate has a financial background, with strong attention to detail, ability to make decisions supported by data and in line with established policies and procedures as well as a sense of priority to attend daily requests, whilst building and maintaining win-win-win relationships within GMF, GM and Dealers/Fleet customers.
- Supporting the Sales Team on business development while ensuring the appropriate risk-return adjustments, acting as a liaison between Dealers/Fleet customers, Sales and Risk;
- Advising and supporting Dealers/Fleet customers in the development of business plans and floor plan related procedures;
- Providing recommendations for permanent and temporary increases in credit lines to the Top Approval Authority.
- Managing credit limits in the respective GM/GMF systems;
- Ensuring Credit Review Contingencies are fulfilled, meeting time and quality standards;
- Formalizing agreements/documents/securities with the support of Legal Department;
- Preparing and presenting credit review results for Dealers and Fleet customers;
- Reporting to GMF Leadership in monthly Risk & Opportunity Meetings and Risk Scorecard meetings.
- Proposing and implementing process improvements in line with the BPMS methodology;
- Following policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with local regulations.
- BA/BS in Business, Economics, Accounting or Engineering;
- Finance background with experience in credit analysis based on financial statements and other sources;
- Advanced MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point). VBA is a Plus;
- English – Advanced reading and at least intermediary writing and speaking;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proactivity, dynamism, ability to work under pressure, can-do attitude and team work spirit;
Please note that some countries might have additional requirements (i.e. mobility requirements, language specifications, legal/migratory specifications, etc.) that might not listed above. If you are applying internally and want to know more about these requirements please contact TalentAcquisition.SupportIO@gmfinancial.com before submitting your application.