- Develop testing strategy and user accepting testing test plan
- Prioritize test scenarios and execute according to plan
- Develop and document step-by-step test cases based on the software requirements elicited by business analysts and software developers
- Work with PM’s to ensure complete and comprehensive test plans and cases Plan, test, and implement all software changes resulting from work orders
- Develop test scripts to automate manual repeatable time intensive tasks
- Identify, log, and track defects
- Provide reporting on defect tracking and escalate technical issues as needed
- Develop and maintain testing standards, procedures, and guidelines to ensure consistent testing procedures
- Partner with distributed teams, outside vendors or offshore testing partners
- Follow standards in accordance with company policy and regulation (SOX, Lean, Six Sigma, etc.
- Monitor testing. Provide test tracking / reporting to all relevant stakeholders.
- Manage test issues, contribute to issue resolution.
- Manage defect process for both teams. Ensure coordinated and clear communication regarding progress and closure.
- Produce timely and accurate reports to stakeholders and appropriate.
- Partner with external supplier’s as required to facilitate efficient testing and timely resolution of defects.
- Undergraduate degree is required; Master’s degree in business or IT is preferred.
- Experience in testing of complex applications.
- Availability to travel internationally for business purposes
- Prior experience migrating applications to a new data center
- Able to operate with multi geographic teams and locations
- Relevant Business/industry knowledge (Financial Services) preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience testing applications in accordance to required functionality and non-functional quality attributes (e.g. Availability, Performance)
- Experience writing test plans and test case
- Ability to conduct manual and automated testing
- In-depth understanding of the various testing concepts (e.g. Functional, Usability, Availability, Performance)
- Understanding of basic Waterfall and Iterative project management concepts
- Experience with automated functional GUI test tools (e.g. HP Quicktest Professional, Borland SilkTest) or with programming languages (e.g. C, C++, Java, VB)
- Has an eye for detail
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Looks for ways to maximize operational efficiency
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to anticipate user behavior or risks to systems
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to operate effectively in a geographically disperse team.
- Ability to thoroughly understand the business issues and effectively communicate with business and vendor stakeholders.
- Ability to operate with the utmost integrity and consistently display a positive attitude to work and the various challenges encountered in a program environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed