- Lead the migration of the Data Warehouse to a new data center.
- Work with various infrastructure groups in setting up development, testing and production environments.
- Provides direction to project, service, or solution teams for transition projects/activities.
- Responsible for the deliverables, cost, schedule, and quality of the project.
- Develops/reviews/approves project plans, manages issues & risks, contributes to issue resolution, allocates and directs staff and other resources to accomplish project tasks, and maintains full control over all aspects of a project(s).
- Monitors the progress of the team, which may include GMF employee and/or vendor team members, informs the team of its progress and provides the team with support and direction.
- Produces timely and accurate reports to senior management regarding progress, issues, risks and conflicts.
- Works with technical lead and/or vendor team management to supervise/develop resources.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with vendor resources and vendor management.
- Has thorough understanding of technical concepts required for specialized field.
- Uses appropriate knowledge, creativity and company practices and priorities to obtain solutions to complex problems.
- Leads by example.
- Interfaces with senior management to provide and obtain information and to build consensus regarding project direction.
- Understands and promotes GMF policy on Treating Customers Fairly (TCF).
- Takes a hands-on approach to the management of all project activities and drives teams to deliver quality in a timely fashion.
- Undergraduate degree is required; Masters degree in business or IT is preferred.
- PMP certification desired
- Minimum of 2 years managing Data Warehouse or Business Intelligence projects.
- Availability to travel internationally for business purposes, potentially for extended periods (up to 1 month)
- Prior Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing experience.
- Prior experience migrating applications to a new data center
- Availability to travel for business purposes, potentially up to 20%
- Ability to manage large and complex IT projects involving multiple vendors and stakeholders in diverse geographical locations.
- Ability to understand and manage technical upgrades and Migration tasks
- Ability to maintain detailed project plan/tasks for infrastructure and migration projects
- Detailed knowledge of Project Management methodologies and tools and the software development life cycles
- Outstanding communication skills in both written and spoken form
- Outstanding customer relationship management skills
- Ability to thoroughly understand the business issues surrounding each project
- Ability to act as the team's primary interface between IT and the business sectors and to drive business value through the implementation of software solutions
- Thorough understanding of project financials and budgeting
- Ability to manage project issues and conflicts and deliver quality projects within budget and scope
- Ability to deliver quality solutions to customers and develop process improvements where applicable
- Ability to operate with the utmost integrity and consistently display a positive attitude to work and the various challenges encountered in a project environment
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed