- Assists with the oversight of all transition projects and ensure PMO and transition practices are followed.
- Works closely with business and IT stakeholders to determine delivery priorities for transition projects.
- Collaborates with and coaches transition project managers on the PMO processes, tools and practices.
- Responsible for establishing new processes, templates and tools to improve our practices, as well as train the applicable project managers in their usage. Provides direction to all project and teams associated with transition activities.
- Responsible for consolidating programme reporting for progress, costs and schedule of all projects under the transition.
- Develops templates and reviews project plans, collects issues & risks.
- Ensures project report progress within Planview.
- Produces timely and accurate reports to executive management regarding progress, issues, risks and conflicts, as well as chairs sponsor and leadership status meetings.
- Oversees project managers and workstream leads to ensure PMO practices are being followed.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with transition project managers.
- Has thorough understanding of project management practices and processes, as well as a strong communications and financial aptitude.
- Interfaces with executive management to provide and obtain information and to build consensus regarding programme direction, set priorities and resolve issues.
- Takes a hands-on approach to the management of all programme activities and drives teams to deliver quality in a timely fashion.
- Undergraduate degree is required; Masters degree in business or IT is preferred.
- PMP certification desired
- Minimum of 5 years project management and/or PMO experience overseeing a large global initiative consisting of multiple workstreams and numerous projects being executed by a geographically dispersed teams.
- Experience of establishing and rolling out project management practices and templates.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Project and Planview Enterprise.
- Experience of collaborating with remote project managers
- Strong service orientated, collaborative attitude with both peers and internal customers
- Availability to travel for business purposes, potentially up to 20%
- Previous experience in financial services, ideally automotive finance.
- Prior experience with global programmes and stakeholders.
- Experience with infrastructure and applications projects
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with large matrixed project teams made up of multiple departments, vendors and stakeholders in diverse geographical locations.
- Detailed knowledge of Programme Management methodologies and project management tools and the software development life cycles.
- Outstanding communication skills in both written and spoken form.
- Outstanding customer relationship management skills and strong customer service focus.
- Superior problem solving skills.
- Thorough understanding, analyze and communicate of program financials and budgets
- Experience with migration and conversion projects.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed