- The Global Windows Core Services Engineer III, under the general direction from the Global Windows Core Services Lead and Manager, will assist in the day-to-day tasks critical to the team’s success including the planning, design, implementation, and support of Windows Server and/or desktop platforms.
- This team member is responsible primarily for the assessment and optimization of Servers to support the Active Directory and related environments and/or desktop platforms through review and assessment of user needs in their area of specialty.
- This individual will become thoroughly familiar with all compliance, regulatory and security requirements adhering to all corporate policies and standards.
- This person needs to be experienced in technology with good planning and coordination skills. An energetic, solution minded personality with drive, attention to details and excellent communication skills will be needed for success in this position.
- Additionally, the Engineers will focus on sustainability and improvement of processes, including any or all of the following duties: documenting managed environments, basic project management tasks, evening and weekend deployments, maintenance of ticketing queues and after hours on call.
- Serve as an infrastructure engineer for the multi-disciplinary project teams they are a member of.
- Develop, implement, and maintain automated processes using PowerShell or equivalent scripting language.
- Effectively communicates current status of all projects, problems, and issues to the department management team.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvements to existing processes and for automation of time consuming tasks.
- Ensure that all servers are running at optimal capacity.
- Study and analyze the performance and capacities of the systems and peripheral equipment/systems and prepare plans for future expansion and upgrades.
- Collaborates with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the artifacts as needed.
- Must have high attention to detail, be well organized and be a self-starter.
- Must be able to work with limited to moderate direct supervision.
- Contributes to the development of RFPs/SOWs and participates in the vendor selection process.
- Uses a broad and deep understanding of technical concepts in multiple specialized fields to develop solutions to problems and critical design issues.
- Works independently
- Resolves most conflicts between timeline, budget, and scope independently but intuitively
- Escalates complex or consequential issues to management.
- Identifies and directs changes through appropriate review and approval mechanisms.
- Maintain Service Now change and incident queue, closing tickets in a timely manner with appropriate documentation and change management queue.
- General Windows operating system and applications support.
- Periodic platform upgrades as needed, both on the OS and application tier.
- Install system patches and application updates as directed.
- Respond to compliance assessments and initiate corrective action when appropriate for audit and compliance remediation.
- Provide 3rd level support for Windows Core Services. The candidate must be comfortable in addressing critical incidents.
- The candidate must be willing to accommodate weekend, shift or on-call schedules when necessary, and participate in an on-call rotation to provide after-hours support.
- Assist the management team with research in order to stay abreast of the latest developments in Windows Core Services technologies, trends, and knowledge, and legislation.
- Assist the management team in determining the direction and enhancement of automation processes to meet the needs of the organization.
- Identify and evaluate third party vendors, technology, or processes for integration with GM Financials technology and equipment.
- Assist other engineers with performance analysis, process improvement, task automation, and systems capacity planning.
- Assist with creation and updating of architectural documentation as needed.
- Capacity to work with a high degree of professionalism, communicating effectively and appropriately.
- Attend departmental, project and general meetings and effectively represent current status as appropriate.
- Participate in company provided training and perform independent training and research as appropriate.
- Participate in an on-call support rotation for providing after-hours support.
- Understands and promotes GMAC’s policy on Treating Customers Fairly (TCF).
- To ensure ongoing adherence to all relevant compliance regulations that may govern the GMAC UK Plc business and complete all regulatory knowledge training where applicable in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience in IT is preferred.
- Experience in dealing with multiple business units and diverse employee population.
- Experience managing Windows servers, desktops and/or related infrastructure.
- Extensive experience with advanced Active Directory Administration
- Messaging and Exchange experience is beneficial.
- Experience working in 200+ server environment preferred.
- Knowledge of enterprise platforms and operating systems as well as knowledge of key business functions and processes.
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory and Windows networking technologies
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008 and 2012 support, including local user/group management, security policy, task scheduler, event logs, performance monitoring, group policy, powershell remoting, file/share permissions.
- Expert knowledge in Active Directory (Windows 2003 thru Windows 2012), DNS, OU design and management, AD Site design, Group Policy, AD security, AD certificate services, LDAP, Kerberos, Global Catalog, WINS, DHCP, DFS, FRS, AD troubleshooting, AD recovery and AD related Federated setup.
- Expert level using PowerShell and other scripting Languages
- Expert knowledge of Windows Server and Desktop operating systems
- VMware virtualization concepts, and the SAN technologies that often support it.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply this to day-to-day work activities
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed